Thursday, July 2, 2015

Joining A Writing Group

     Earlier in the week I attended the first meeting of what will become a local writers group. The group meets close tony house so that makes it real easy to attend.

     Everyone shared the reason they were there, and I was surprised at the varied responses. Most were what I would call typical, and one was a little mystifying.

     What I want out of the group is the occasional critique, how to write query letters and pitch stories, and the marketing of your books.

     I think we will have a good time, but we will need some experienced published authors to join our group. I think it’s critical to our groups success.

     So here’s to an interesting and exciting new journey.

     Do you belong to a writing group? What are the things you like about your group?

No comments:

Post a Comment